Mark Delegal brings more than 27 years of experience in Florida public policy and government relations. Prior to co-founding Delegal | Aubuchon Consulting, he was a partner in the Tallahassee office of Holland & Knight, where he led the firm’s Florida Government Advocacy Team. The University of Florida graduate obtained his law degree from Mercer University. He currently serves on the Florida Bar’s Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy Committee. Frequently listed on legal elite lists throughout the state and nation, Delegal was named 2015 “Tally Madness” Champion by Florida Politics, 2016 Insurance Lobbyist of the Year by INFLUENCE Magazine, and he has remained listed in the Chambers USA guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers since 2006.
Mark Delegal guides clients on all types of regulatory issues, including rate and form filings, licensure applications, and financial and market conduct examinations as well as advising companies focused on property and casualty, life, medical malpractice insurance, third-party administrators, and managed care in matters before the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation, Department of Financial Services. He assists agents and agencies before the Department of Financial Services with regulatory investigations and other licensure issues. He also represents the interests of healthcare companies before the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration in areas such as Medicaid funding, healthcare quality compliance and other legal services. Before the Florida Department of Health, he assisted with the application of biomedical research funding involving cancer and other disease-related research and with the regulation of the state’s trauma service network. He also represents other healthcare providers regulated by the Florida Department of Health.
While Mark Delegal represents some of the largest and strongest insurance companies in the nation, as well as top Florida hospitals and physicians before both the Florida legislature and cabinet, he also advocates on behalf of manufacturing businesses, agricultural businesses, health care businesses and insurance businesses. As a lobbyist with close to three decades of experience, Mark Delegal has advocated on behalf of clients to position their significant property, casualty and life insurance reform initiatives before policymakers. Additionally he has secured critical funding for the populations served by those entities, particularly as it relates to the state’s hospital disproportionate share program, low-income pool program and intergovernmental transfers.
- INFLUENCE Magazine, Golden Rotunda Award, Insurance Lobbyist of the Year, 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Insurance Law, 2006-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Government Relations Practice, 2020-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tallahassee Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year, 2014
- Chambers USA – America’s Leading Business Lawyers guide, Insurance, 2006-2021
- The Legal 500, Government Relations, 2015, 2019
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2010, 2012, 2017, 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2009, 2012-2021
- William E. Rion Most Outstanding Graduating Senior Award, 1989